When thinking about Japan what comes to your mind, Sushi, Ninjas, Anime, something else? Let’s face it, Japan is really popular! Per the Japan National Tourism Organization, over 30 million overseas travelers visited Japan in 2018 and in February 2019 alone, 2.604 million tourists took their amazing vacations in Japan. There is so much to see and experience in Japan and the people are very gracious. So, what are you waiting for? Here are some great reasons to make Japan your next vacation destination:
1. Japan is one of the cleanest countries in the world because its cities are very well maintained and looked after. The Japanese respect their country and always throw their garbage in its proper place. In Japanese culture, clean = good. Children are even taught to clean their own schools. In general, Japanese people respect their surroundings and they are taught to be responsible for their own trash. It’s mind blowing to see such large cities looking so clean!
2. Japanese people are very friendly, happy people; they are also gracious and very polite. It’s common for the Japanese to remember your name after meeting you just one time. Japanese people are always willing to help tourists even though there may be a language barrier. If you should ever have to meet a Japanese person for any reason, you’d better be on time, as they are punctual and would consider it disrespectful to arrive late for anything.
3. Transportation in Japan is amazing!!! Talk about immaculate, clean, beautiful and punctual Each Japanese city has its own subway line and even though there is bus service, the main mode of transportation are trains. If your planning to stay a long time in Tokyo, you can buy pre-paid “Pasmo” passes. One of Japan’s best known trains is Shinkansen or in English terms, the Bullet Train. Shinkansen has routes to Kyoto and Hiroshima from Tokyo and is a great option for getting there to tour those areas. There are also private and JR Trains, which can be used for traveling within Japanese cities. Make sure you are there before your train arrival, because again, if the train is scheduled to arrive at 9:30 am, it will arrive at 9:29 and leave 40 seconds later.
4. Japanese cuisine can be quite interesting and just about every hole-in-the-wall restaurant can make the most delicious foods. Japan has Sushi, Ramen, Udon, Kobe Beef, Soups and other foods to choose from. Tokyo is known for having the most noodle shops than any other place in the world. Things you just must try in Japan are Steamed Buns, Ramen, Japanese Curry, Okonomiyaki (Comfort Food Dish) and Nikumaki Onagiri, which is a delicious ball of rice, wrapped in bacon, grilled and then topped with sesame seeds, just to name a few.
5. Japan has many breath-taking landscapes and places to sight see. One of the best times to visit Japan is from late March to early April, during Sakura Bloom (Cherry Bloom) Season. Sakura Bloom is enchanting and beautiful because pink and white flowers blanket everything. If you are an Anime and Manga fan, J-Tokyo World, Akihabara, Tokyo Anime Center and the Ghibli Museum are a must see! If you are really into Super Mario and his world, you can dress up as your favorite Mario character and rent a Mario Go-Kart and drive around in Tokyo, Osaka and Kyoto with a guide. Watching a Sumo Wrestling match and visiting Mt. Fuji are other exciting things to do in Japan.
These are but a few reasons to visit Japan, we could go on and on, but we’d probably break the internet, LOL! If you are feeling adventurous, from its beautiful landscapes, crazy Mario Karts and mouthwatering cuisine, Japan is the place to be.